18 January 2013

Fast Day 18

It IS "POP" - Pepsi says so!
  No updates for awhile - I've been busy.  This past weekend was day 14 and 15 of the fast and day 14 was almost a 'throw in the towel' day.  I was studying for 7 hours while the weather was BEAUTIFUL (it isn't often you get to experience 75 degrees in January).  Maybe my ability to focus was based on the lack of sugar in my diet, maybe it was just the perception of the importance of the two tests I'll be taking in February (it could mean a large monthly pay increase), or maybe it was just that tunnel vision I tend to get when working on a project.  Either way, it was just the two littlest boys (2yrs / 2mos) and I. 
  By the time I was done studying, I was ready for PIZZA... which I couldn't have.  It didn't help that our oldest (7yrs) had a friend sleeping over and they were eating gratuitous amounts of pizza, pop (soda for some of you who need a translation), candy, chips, etc. 
  Alas, there still was not any cheating on the diet.

After school treat - 2010
  On day 16 I packed my lunch to include some raisins.  I couldn't eat them, they were too sweet!  I had no idea that raisins had so much sugar added to them.  
  Speaking of snacks, I found a few I really like.  I've never been a big fan of oranges, but the little ones ('cuties') are delicious - even at this time of the year.  Also, at Sam's Club, my wife purchased some type of snack which looks like french fries, but is made from better foods like fruits and vegetables.  I really like the apple fries! 
  I haven't had coffee for 18 days.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to handle this when I go back to nights, but I'm looking for any suggestions on where to buy good tea.  I'll probably drink coffee again, but I can't allow myself to become as reliant on having it every day.  But then again, did I just remove coffee and put tea in its place?
  With only 3 days to go, I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the 22nd.  I've debated continuing through the month - especially because I don't want a major change before my test on the 4th and 5th.  Meat products will probably be the first to come back, but I'll have to introduce any item slowly.  Too much grease, fat, sugar, etc at this point will probably result in me catching up on a lot of reading... because there's not much else to do in the bathroom.

No comments: