18 March 2013

'Ax Men'... In Our Yard

This is just a small section of the front
yard, but the piles are everywhere.
  Actually, just 'Ax Man' since I'm doing the clearing myself.  I'll let the pictures tell the story, but after taking 15-20 down with an axe over the past 2 years I was happy to use the chainsaw.  I was able to take down approx 20 in just a few hours of cutting.  Here's a quick tip - if you buy a chainsaw, buy a new chain with the saw.  The factory chain is most likely 'light duty' and you'll be sharpening it every 15 minutes. 

Another section of the yard...
with piles of wood.
  As soon as the piles started to mount, I started to burn as much as I could... and I started meeting all of the neighbors in the area.  A few people stopped by offering stump removal service and a few offered to take the wood from the piles.  This worked out great because I have enough wood piled in the back yard to last for a few years so the wood in the front is just a mess.

  I'll update later if the easy stump removal process I'm trying ends up working. 
(PS - yes, I'm aware of the correct spelling of "axe," but the title is how the TV show spells it.)

No comments: